Sunday, June 11, 2006

Ramblings from the Nether Regions

Sunday night in Rockwall, Texas.

My friend B is going to a leather daddy bar back home in Bmore. I'm thinking about going to the bars in Dallas, but do I really want to make that 40 minute jaunt tonight? Last time I went out there by myself, the natives did NOT display that infamous southern charm. 2 people spoke 2 me all night, one drunk guy who got mad at me cuz I had no interest in watching a drag show. Another old guy at the bar mistakenly thought because I was friendly that I was interested. Many people did look, but nobody said a word. See, this is different. Back home I could go out by myself on any night and run into someone that I knew or strike up conversation with a stranger, but Toto, we R not in Kansas anymore.

The business side of things is going much slower than I'd hoped, but it's coming along. Good things do take time. Meanwhile, I don't know hardly anyone in these nether regions. So, I took to chatting on gay.com again after staying away 4 almost a year and I've discovered 3 things:

1. If U don't have a picture, no one will talk 2 U, even though U make it perfectly clear U R only interested in chatting and making friends ... I didn't know I had to be attractive to be a good conversationalist.

2. If u R not looking 4 sex no one will chat with U. Sure, they'll start off chatting thinking that they'll change your mind, but when they find out they can't because U have a bf, it's buh-bye.

3. I had a third thing, but it's slipped my mind. My damn back hurts.

Ok, so right now I'm watching videos on Launch ... Sunday Morning by Maroon 5 (damn, that lead singer guy is fucking beautiful). And I must confess 2 being a new fan of the song Buttons by PCD. HOT HOT HOT! I'm in a creative mood ... only I don't have a keyboard or piano or anything down here. Damn, foiled again, Batman!

I DID hang out 4 a wee bit with one of my best friends from college. She has not changed a bit! It was like, 4 a moment, that we'd never left each other even though it's been 6 years. Upon reflection, though, it occurs 2 me just how much I'VE changed in the last 6 years. Unbelievably so.

I was putting together my set list earlier today 4 my gig in 2 weeks at the Across the Street Bar. I have 2 find someone who has a cd player cuz I refuse 2 buy one for one gig that's not even paying. Surely someone will have one I can borrow. I'm very excited about performing again because it's been a long time. I only hope my back is better by then because I tend 2 go quite spastic on stage.

I also began 2 think about my next musical projects and it occured 2 me that I may never have the resources 2 record and release even half the songs that I've written 2 date ... and that made me unbelievably sad.

Twizzlers R good, they make my mouth happy. And I miss my boyfriend.

More videos on launch ... maybe I'll write some lyrics 2night.

That's all. Good night.

"Sunday morning, rain is falling. Steal some cover, share some skin." - Maroon 5, Sunday Morning

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home